Wednesday 18 April 2012

Any Hints?

A man walks into the shop, sees me, and shouts the name of the shop in my direction. I nod and inform him that, yes, that's where he is.

"I want the brown ones."
- Okay. Erm...
"Brown bits."
- Right okay. Brown... Feed?
"And multicoloured ones too."

Generally, when customers are ridiculously vague, they are after wild bird seed (since they tend to ignore the fact that anything else in the shop even exists).

- Okay. Is it seed?
"The same one I had last time."

This was the first time I had met this customer.

- Seed?
"No."
- What's it for?
"My dog."

Aaaaaaah....

- Ah right okay. Is it a full sack you were after? This is the multicoloured one we do.
"No. Just little bags."
- Oh, we don't do small bags of that one.

He then turns to the shelf next to him, picks up two bags of dog treats, and goes up to me at the till.

"These are the ones. Thank you."

Well obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment