Sunday 13 May 2012

Work Experience Tales 2

Whilst sorting through some stock with a work experience student, he talked about a film that was currently on at the cinema and whether I'd seen it.

- Yeah, I saw it at the weekend.
"Any good?"
- Absolutely. I'd recommend it. You should go and see it, take your boyfriend or girlfriend or whatever.
"What do you mean boyfriend or girlfriend?"
- Well, whichever. Or friend. Go see it with someone.
"No, I mean, why did you say 'boyfriend'?"
- I said 'girlfriend' too.
"But you said 'boyfriend' first."
- And I said 'girlfriend' second. So what?
"Well, you said it first... implying that you think I'm gay. That's not fair to assume that."
- True. But equally, if I had said 'girlfriend' first, I would be implying that you are straight. And that's not a fair assumption either, is it?
"Umm... well..."
- Either way you could argue I'd be making an unfair assumption.
"I guess so."
- I'll rephrase: You could take your partner, or friend.
"Okay."
- Better?
"Yeah, okay, I take your point."
- Good

A brief pause

- So what's his name?
"... James..."

No comments:

Post a Comment