Wednesday 30 May 2012

Feline Silly

A lady comes in the shop.

"Good morning, do you sell cats or kittens?"
- No, I'm afraid not.
"Oh right. Do you know where I can get one from?"
- Well, not many pet shops actually sell cats anymore. Your best bet is to try a local cat rescue home, or look at the classifieds in the local paper.
"Hmm. I'm looking for something quite specific, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to find it."
- Oh? What are you after?
"A three-legged male."
- Oh...

Now, sure, a pretty unusual request perhaps, but we've had people in the past looking to buy an animal because one they have been looking after has died. They want to replace it before the owners get home. In this instance, it seemed possible that a three-legged cat had died, and a cunning replacement was required. A tall order, sure, but it appeared to be the best explanation.

- ...I'm not sure what to advise really. Have you lost one?
"Oh, no. I've already got a female with three legs."
- Um, okay.
"I want to get another one and see if I can breed three-legged kittens from them."

No comments:

Post a Comment