Wednesday 4 July 2012

The Direct Approach

A phone call:

 "Hi there. I spoke to someone last week about doing work experience at your store?"
 - Oh right. Sorry, I don't think it was me you spoke to, but can I help at all.
 "Well, I was doing an animal course at college and asked if your store could offer me a work experience placement.The person I spoke to said that it is usually arranged via the college, so I said I would find out."
 - Ah okay.
 "However, I decided I'm not going to do that course anymore."
 - Oh, I see
 "I'm going to do agriculture instead."

I thought to myself, 'Well, it's nice of her to at least ring up to let us know she's not going to be starting work experience with us anymore'.

 - Oh okay. Well, fair enough.
 "Yeah, so I won't need a work experience placement anymore."
 - No, I guess not.

And then came the punchline...

 "So can you just give me a job instead and pay me whatever money?"

Well, that's one way to apply for work I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha, sadly not :) Had to give our standard reply of, "Sorry, we do not currently have any vacancies."

      Delete